If you find yourself taking a shower and then, when you are done, you see condensation that drips off the ceiling, the experience is not at all pleasant. Condensation can be really irritating but the big problem is that it will damage wood, paint and drywall.
When bathroom moisture is very high, it is very important that you take steps to solve this problem as soon as you can. Fortunately, there are different things that you can do.
Remember that even if you do not see moisture issues, you should still learn about what is written below since it helps prevent problems from appearing in the future.
Most people know that condensation is waster accumulating in humid air. Specifically, it happens when there is humid air that hits colder surfaces. This forms water droplets and is what we refer to as condensation. When humid air gets warmer, a lot more condensation appears. That is exactly why you often see this after or during a hot shower.
When there is too much condensation present, water drips along all bathroom surfaces. You end up with paint finishes that chip and your wallpaper will surely be ruined. You also end up with mold that forms as a lot of unresolved moisture is present inside the bathroom.
Avoiding bathroom condensation is simply a necessity. If mold is present, be sure that you hire a professional that can remove it since it can become dangerous.
Keep Air Dry
At first glance, it seems difficult to keep the bathroom mold-free and remove condensation. Fortunately, this is not actually the case. Here are some great tips that will help you to keep air dry, which is one of the most important things when you want to reduce bathroom moisture:
- Check cooling vents and heating options so you are guaranteed they are not partially or fully closed. Such a small problem can easily lead to not having as much dry air as you need inside the bathroom.
- When you have a humid bathroom, open your windows, if you have them. When the weather is really nice, air your bathroom.
- When there is a heat source present, the space dries up. This means heated flooring might be a good idea.
- Using a good portable dehumidifier from Amazon for a small investment can do wonders.
- When a fan is present, be sure it is as strong as it has to be. Extractor fans that carry moisture somewhere else are great when windows are not present. Make sure that your fan stays clean for efficient running.
- Demistable mirrors are useful. They have heating pads installed on the back. Condensation will not form because the mirror stays warm. This reduces bathroom moisture.
- Anti-condensation paint can be a very good investment. This reduces the possibility of mold appearing and having to deal with paint chipping since water will not stay on walls.
Adjust The Shower Routine
Adjusting one’s shower routine is a great thing to do when you want to reduce bathroom moisture. The tips below are very easy and quite cheap:
- Warmer humidity automatically leads to more condensation. This means you can take some cooler showers to reduce bathroom moisture.
- After a shower, wipe the sink, mirror and your shower so that standing water is reduced. You avoid having it evaporate right into the air.
- After your shower, remove all wet clothes and towels from the bathroom.
Always start with the cheap, simple solutions if you want to remove bathroom moisture, like always removing wet towels and wiping wet areas. Then, move on to the very expensive ones. You definitely want to replace the bathroom fan just when what you could try before did not work.